Where do I start?
Well, if you knew the destination upfront, it wouldn’t be innovation. Each card in the deck invites you to explore the unknown. 👣 You just need to take the first step…
🗺️ Follow the Innovation Strategy System
1. Find the Strategy System card.
2. Answer the questions until it points you to a category.
3. Use any tactic from that category.
🍲 Follow a Recipe
1. Find the cards in the Recipe category.
2. Choose one that matches your goals.
3. Use the tactics cards recommended in that Recipe.
♥️ Follow your heart
1. Spread the whole deck out in front of you.
2. Skim through the headlines until one speaks to you.
3. Use that card as a starting point. It will direct you to others, too.
✍️ Tips from the author
Broaden your options for where to go next to avoid catching a debilitating case of ‘one-solution-itis’.
Start much smaller than you’re comfortable with. Forget perfection or certainty.
Play with the methods on these cards to fit your context. Remix! Repurpose!
🃏 But I want a card to start with…
Anatomy of an Insights: gently challenge or break down an idea or limiting belief
“Huh?” Test: make any piece of work better in 5 mins
Diagnostic Shop Along: fastest way to get customer insights
Multiverse Map: fastest way to sketch out a new product, service or experience
Time Machine: fastest way to get buy in for research and experimentation