How does a DJ who’s opened for Beyonce and Jay Z put together a killer pitch for corporate clients?
1. Basics first: what kind of story do you need and who is it for?
- Audience Profile and Big, Small, Inside, Outside helps you figure out how much of the pitch should be back story and how much focussed on the customer’s problem now.
2. Delve into the story behind the pitch:
- Story Listening and Story-ish Conversations establish a timeline.
- Emotional Dashboard, Secrets & Puzzles and Story Hooks spot the key points in the story.
3. Add story to the pitch:
- Social Proof, Simple Sales Stories and Innovation Curve put case studies of repeat customers into the pitch. These are the people who trust you to deliver, who come back time and again because they get value from your work.
As you’ll see from the walkthrough, DJ Graffiti’s pitch deck is already pretty good. But a couple of slides were too text heavy. We’re meant to be listening, not reading. Show & Tell helps you get the balance right.